Monday, July 9, 2007

Straw Poll signoff

I didn't think this day would come so soon, but life is full of surprises, some wonderful, some tolerable and some downright ugly.

This is a good one. My fiancee recently took a job in Hartford, and I'll be heading out there with her later this month. The downside is that I'll be saying goodbye to the Poughkeepsie Journal on Thursday, and the short, happy life of Straw Poll shall come to an end.

This blog has developed a small but devoted following in the past few months. I suspect that most of you are folks on the inside of government keeping tabs on the folks around you, though I'm sure other readers are average people on the outside looking in. (Like spectators at the zoo, perhaps?)

At any rate, I'm sure this won't be the last, nor the best, local politics blog to be launched by the Poughkeepsie Journal, so stay tuned. And in the meantime, I hope you all do your part to keep government officials in check.

5 comments:

John said...

Darn, I just found this blog a few week ago as well. Do you know of any others that do something similar for our area?

DutchessPreserver said...

Gee David,

I'm sorry to see another great PoJo reporter go - Just why is that?

Now I have to list you with my list of past favorite PoJo Reporters - all having left in such a short time span!

Nik Bonapartis :-(
Dan Shapley :-(
Anthony Farmer :-(
Dave Paulsen :-(

I sure hope my other favorite
Mike Valkys
will stick around for awhile
I really don't want to add him to the above List that is growing far to quickly!

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to see you post a link to this poll, which uses the superior Range Voting (instead of the incredibly horrendous plurality voting).

anita said...

double darn !! i just found this blog day !!

i'm new to the area and am trying to get to the bottom of the steinhaus v. ruggiero battle.

:(

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.